[mythtv-users] Mythweb behind a firewall -- Why isnt it working? (port 80 is forwarded)

Christopher Maahs cmaahs at eatenbygrue.com
Mon Jun 16 13:15:52 EDT 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, John Klimek wrote:

{clippity}
> I am forwarding port 80 to my local address 192.168.1.3 (the mandrake box).

{clip, clip}
> Do I need to forward any other ports besides 80?
>
> Do I need to configure apache in some special way?

What you need to do is watch for traffic coming into port 80 on your
firewall.  My bet would be that your ISP has graciously blocked port 80
from even getting to you.  For your own protection of course. /rude ISP

If you can, configure your firewall to forward say port 8080 to internal
port 80.

Then access: http://your.external-ip.address:8080/mythweb/main.php

Hopefully they haven't blocked port 8080 as well.

Good luck,

~cj