[mythtv-users] Memory Consumption...cont...strange

Ken Thompson kent at kmtdesigns.com
Tue Jun 17 00:39:43 EDT 2003

I have 256 MB of PC133 Ram, Nvidia Geforce 4 MX400 Vid card,
Soundblaster Audigy sound card and some vanilla motherboard + system
components.  When running mythfrontend the usage of ram exponentially
grows from approx 200MB to 250MB (which is 2 MB less then my total
system ram as reported by gnome system monitor).  Before I was using
64MB of shared memory for the onboard video card, and mythfrontend was
eating up all the ram minus 2 MB.  Is it normal for mythfrontend to eat
all of my ram?!  If I was to pin the tail on the assumption donkey it
smells like a memory leak.  This memory issue is causing mythfrontend (a
few hours into use) to be very slow responding, and frequent video/audio
pausing. (I suspect)

Tomorrow I should be able to bump the ram up to approx 700 MB, hopefully
this helps.