[mythtv-users] newbie audio problems

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 16 00:20:54 EDT 2003

> i've heard that with btaudio you need to set 32K as the sample rate.  i
> understood that this was all btaudio could handle, but it sounds like
> you get it to work with higher raters, so maybe its something other than
> btaudio that prevents >32K.

It's not btaudio that needs 32000Hz, it's the card itself.  Some (most? all?)
of the Haupauge WinTV cards are only capable of sampling at that rate.  If
you request a different rate, I imagine different programs/drivers handle it
differently... they may try to up/down sample the audio, but this is where
the crappy audio happens.  Try 32KHz in Myth, I think you might be pleasantly
surprised!

-JAC