[mythtv-users] The Horizontal Pundit

Purchase, Steven steven.Purchase at uk.thalesgroup.com
Mon Jun 16 09:40:36 EDT 2003

> > Another question about the Pundit, how does it handle heat?
>
> I was never able to get lm_sensors configured properly (if anyone else
> does, could you please tell me how?) to tell what the system temp was,
> but for awhile I was running it inside of a cupboard under my TV.  It
> was fine, but got pretty warm (there was a hole cut in the
> back for air to escape) while it was encoding.

I just used the normal lm_sensors config/detect sequence and it works find
for me - however as soon as I load the modules the main fan spins up to full
speed immediately! Needless to say, this makes temperature measuring a bit
difficult. Fraid I don't know enough about lm_sensors to know how to stop
this, and haven't had the time to play.

On the plus side, I just get a warm draft coming out of the back - nothing
approaching hot.

--
Steve