[mythtv-users] FF/REW key binding confusion

Joseph H. Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Jun 16 00:00:44 EDT 2003

Question, How difficult would this be?

Envision this: you assign keyboard keys to all the buttons on your
remote through lirc.  Then prompt the user to assign keystrokes (kinda
like most games do) to all the various commands, rather than hard-coding
the command keys.

Essentially you could program the remote buttons with a-z, then when
prompted, just press the button on the remote you want to use for each
command.  Just like setting up the keys in quake or most other games.

This setup could be done within each module separately or from one
master configuration screen for all of myth that the different modules
add a page to upon installation.

This way, no one can complain about configurations that they disagree
with... it would be completely flexable.

Joe