[mythtv-users] FF/REW key binding confusion

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Jun 15 23:39:00 EDT 2003

On Sunday 15 June 2003 10:19 pm, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> One topic of note (for those of you not subscribed to the CVS commits list)
> is that the add-on modules are in the process of finally being converted to
> plugins.  This is/was (IMHO) a crucial step that needed to be taken in
> order to allow the implementation of a truly powerful, robust and
> consistent keybinding/user action mechanism.  We'll get there eventually...

Yup, that's one of the major ideas behind all those changes -- move everything
to a single window to make configurable keybindings easier to implement,
allow for easier external process control, get rid of focus issues (aside
from returning from a totally external program), allow people to run the
thing inside of a normal window (still no mouse, but borders), and other
stuff =)

Isaac