[mythtv-users] Memory Consumption

Ken Thompson kent at kmtdesigns.com
Sun Jun 15 22:49:55 EDT 2003

Ok, it seems as though I have been able to isolate some memory problems.
Somewhere in the documentation, mythtv or ivtv said it needs atleast 256
MB of RAM.  This is a BARE minimum I found out the hard way.  Just
running mandrake 9.1 with KDE + the mythfilldatabase I am burning a
whopping 218MB of ram + 14-35% processor time.  With my onboard video
enabled (64 MB of shared memory. yuck) I get random pauses during live
TV playback.  Its obvious 512 or > is required to run this program
correctly.  Btw, I've got a duron 800 (utter crap, I know) with 256 MB
ram/ Hauppauge 250

This may be old news to lots of you, but I thought it was worth sharing.