[mythtv-users] FF/REW key binding confusion

Ken VanDine ken at bizrace.com
Sun Jun 15 17:19:11 EDT 2003

My primary issues with the key bindings is lack of flexibility.  I would love to
see the same key binding work differently based on what you are doing.  For
example, I have a PVR-250 with the grey remote.  For navigation the keys are
channel up and down, and volume up and down are left and right.  So, if I want
to use the Volume control keys for Volume, I can't use them for left and right.
 What I would like to do is this:

In and menu of EPG Vol- and Vol+ would move left and right.  In TV/recordings
and mythmusic they would control the volume.

I know everyone has different remotes and we need something that works for the
majority.  What I am proposing is a modification to the keys that allows a
"mode" type theme with the ability to define key bindings.  Thus allowing me to
say in "menu" mode Vol- and Vol+ would be left and right.  But in "playback"
mode Vol- and Vol+ is [ and ].

I hope this makes sense.  I do understand this is not a trivial change, but I
think ultimately this is the best design.

--Ken