[mythtv-users] Re:Backend stuffed up in RequestRingBufferBlock

Robert Schultz robert at cosmicrealms.com
Sat Jun 14 13:48:46 EDT 2003

Okay. I went and got a new motherboard, CPU and RAM.
I'm now using a:
Soltek SL75DRV2 board with an Athlon 1800+ and Crucial 512MB of RAM (2
256MB sticks).

I pulled down the latest CVS, did a make clean;make distclean; and
reinstalled (wiped the database too).

I can now watch TV for much much longer periods of time!
At first I thought it was working perfectly, but about 20 minutes into
watching Live TV it stopped, and again on the mythbackend, it showed
"Backend stuffed up in RequestRingBufferBlock".

I killed the front and back ends, and started them up again.
Was able to watch longer this time, I paused it a few times.
After coming back from pausing it, and hitting play, then I 'fast
skipped' ahead (default 30 seconds on mine). Once it got to where 'live'
was, the backend stuffed up again.

So the issues still remains for me.
Any other suggestions?