[mythtv-users] Re: Anyone using Kernel 2.4.21 ?

Scott Elliott selliott at insight.rr.com
Fri Jun 13 23:23:36 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 19:54, Calvin Gorriaran wrote:

> I was just reading that is was released and has some improvements worth upgrading to...
>

> "After > 6 months of waiting, 2.4.21 is here. Lots of cleanups, and a patch which gives a MAJOR boost to the 'feel' of the
> system under heavy disk IO, especially on IDE systems..."

Yes, just started using it tonight.  Once I rebuilt all of my add-on
modules (Nvidia graphics card and Nforce network, Alsa CVS intel8x0
driver, bttv 0.9.11, lirc) looks good so far.  I actually have the SPDIF
output working with Alsa for the first time!  Right now, it's only with
ogle to play DVDs, so I'm waiting for the Alsa patch to go into the Myth
CVS so I can try that too.  But having one audio driver work with SPDIF
output and Myth will be nice, even if in the interim I have to change my
receiver's setup every time I switch.  Before, if I wanted 5.1 output
from DVDs, I had to stop Alsa and load the Nforce audio driver.  Anyway,
I digress...

--
Scott Elliott <selliott at insight.rr.com>