[mythtv-users] VIA C3 Deinterlacing and 3dnow

imlinux at consultingp.com imlinux at consultingp.com
Fri Jun 13 18:26:57 EDT 2003

The deinterlacing option claims that it needs sse support to function
correctly, and it does crash mythfrontend whenever I try to use it with my
VIA C3 chip.  In the documentation though it said that if I check out
/proc/cpuinfo that I have mmx and 3dnow, does the C3 just have a trimmed
down version of 3dnow?  Or is mythtv not compiling right or am I just off
base all together?

(here's my cpuinfo)

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : VIA C3 Ezra
stepping        : 9
cpu MHz         : 932.895
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu de tsc msr cx8 mtrr pge mmx 3dnow
bogomips        : 1861.22

         -Mike