[mythtv-users] yet another question about using an IR Blaster

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Fri Jun 13 14:18:13 EDT 2003

I have an ACTiSYS 200 connected to ttyS1, to control a Motorola  DCT2000.
All on a system running Debian-Sid.

I believe I followed all the steps in the Myth HowTo for seting up LIRC to
use this device, up to the point where it suggests using "irw" to test the
serial port.

At that point, I try to send commands from the command line, in the form:

irsend SEND_ONCE gi-motorola-dct2000 ENTER

(I try various commands, not just ENTER. "irsend" is the new name for the
program formerly called "rc".)

irsend exits without reporting an error. But ...

Nothing is received at the DCT2000.

irw (running on another console) shows nothing being sent.

The interrupt count for IRQ3 does not increment.

The correct lircd.conf file is in place. The lirc-sir module is loaded and
associated with IRQ3, and the lircd daemon is running. The /dev/lircd
socket is present.

I saw calvin, about a week ago, post nearly the same description, and he
got no response except for someone saying the ATCiSYS was junk. That
response does not seem to address the symptoms (either mine or calvin's),
since I would expect some things to happen (the IRQ being incremented and
irw showing the transmission) even if *nothing* were connected to the
serial port.

Anyone see anything they recognize here? calvin, how did you ever get yours
working (as your later message, raising the issue of latency in changing
channels, implies you did)?