[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA Illegal Instruction

Justin Mayfield mayfield at mc702.org
Fri Jun 13 13:06:13 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to run mythfrontend and possibly all the backend code on a
VIA EPIA board (based on a 800Mhz C3);  The problem is, the arch seems
to be half 686 and half something less, so I'm getting Illegal
Instruction errors when trying to execute mythfrontend and some of the
other apps.  I even compiled the whole suite on the system, so I would
assume it would correctly identify the system capabilities, but I guess
not.

My guess is that it is trying to do some sse or mmx2 or sse2
instructiions somewhere, and I know I could put a debugger on it, and
figure it out, but I'm guessing someone already knows the quick and easy
flags I need to change in the build system to get around this.

Any help is appreciated, and if not, I'll send out a message letting
people know how I got around it.

Thanks,
Justin Mayfield