[mythtv-users] no sound watching livetv

mythtv-users at sh3d.net mythtv-users at sh3d.net
Thu Jun 12 04:31:08 EDT 2003

	With the new release of mythtv I felt it was time to checkout mythtv
again.  Last time I set it up with 0.8 and got everything setup and
working perfectly.

	This time after getting mythtv all setup, I get no audio when watching
livetv or recorded shows.  When i do the test with xawtv and aplay that
is recommended in the documentation, I hear the audio correctly.
	Just to be sure it wasn't a permission problem is did a "chmod -R 777
/dev/snd" but that didn't fix it.

When i go to watch livetv I get these messages from the backend.

Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
recorder: /dev/null: error setting audio input device to
44100kHz/16bits/2channel
Could not detect audio blocksize
audio volume set to '32768'
recorder: /dev/null: error setting audio input device to
44100kHz/16bits/2channel

	I have a soundblaster ensoniq and am using the latest alsa drivers on
gentoo linux.  I have made no changes to my hardware setup since i had
the 0.8 release working.  I have even tried reinstalling the 0.8 release
and now that doesn't work either.

I try to fancy myself as a linux expert but I am really stumped as to
what might be going on.  Any help would be appreciated.

	-Synnix