[mythtv-users] Possible new features for Mythgallery

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 00:19:17 EDT 2003

From: "Tako Schotanus" <quintesse at palacio-cristal.com>
>PS: On a sorta related but far less important note:
>wouldn't it be nice
>if the GUIs would be more similar? I kinda like the
>way MythMusic shows
>it stuff and even the tree view for its playlist
would >be preferrable
>over the current "explorer"-like view for the image
>gallery IMHO.

I'm not sure I follow.  My pics are named
DCP_0137, DCP_0389, etc and I have to look at
the pics to see what's what, so the more I can
see at one time, the better.

>And let's get rid of the Setup buttons from the main
>parts of every GUI
>as well, I don't want others who don't understand
what >they're doing
>messing with my settings.

I'm with you on this one.  I made my setup page
mapped to the setup key on my remote accessible from
the icon view.  In mythgallery, it seemed like
this made more sense than putting up an onscreen
setup button because you might want to change
SlideshowDelay fairly often and there aren't that
many options to change (at least for now).

After doing some triage, my current list is

   1. Ability to enter slideshow mode from icon view
   2. Store settings in mysql instead of .txt file
   3. Graphical dialog to change aforementioned
settings
   4. Bugfix - quit trying to display directory icons
in single view
   5. Generate thumbs (icons) only once instead of on
the fly
   6. Tool to import images from removable devices
   7. Selectable backgrounds
   8. Transition effects (fade, wipe, etc)
   9. Option to scroll images with non-4:3 aspect
  10. Remappable keybindings
  11. Video snippets

I have finished the first 4 and am working on #5.

-Dennis