[mythtv-users] Fixes to 0.9.1 for compilation

Andy Stewart andystewart at attbi.com
Wed Jun 11 22:04:05 EDT 2003

Hi everybody,

I downloaded 0.9 and patched it to 0.9.1.  On my system, I had to modify
several files to allow mythtv to compile successfully.  Did anybody else need
to do this?

The files are:
	programs/mythepg/mythepg.pro
	programs/mythtranscode/mythtranscode.pro
	programs/mythtv/mythtv.pro
	programs/mythbackend/mythbackend.pro
	programs/mythcommflag/mythcommflag.pro

In all cases, I needed to modify the "LIBS += ..." line to include
"-lfreetype".  Once those modifications were made, mythtv compiled quite
nicely and works well.

System:
	SuSE 8.1 with stock 2.4.20 kernel (not SuSE's kernel)
	freetype2 and freetype2-devel rpms from SuSE (version 2.0.9)
	qt 3.1.2 installed by me from trolltech in /usr/local (not using SuSE's QT)
	gcc 3.2

If anybody wants more details, let me know.

Andy
--
Andy Stewart, Founder
Worcester Linux Users' Group