[mythtv-users] CPU Utilization for video decode with PVR-250

Mark Jacob mjacob1 at san.rr.com
Wed Jun 11 15:29:52 EDT 2003

For those of you that are using a PVR-250, I was wondering what your CPU
utilization was at while watching recordings/livetv?

I have a Dual P3-650, SB Live!, and an ATI Dual Head Radeon and my CPU
utilization is at about 55-65%(via top) when watching recordings/livetv.
I run all my recordings at 740x480 with bitrate=2.5M and
bitrate_peak=8M. I am not using Tv-out, the display resolution is set at
1024x768, and dropping down to 800x600 does not reduce the CPU
utilization. Maybe I just have high expectations of the hardware...
anyone have any clues as to why my utilization is so high?

Mark