[mythtv-users] k7s5a alsa mythtv volume weirdness

Mark Chou mcpcs at ivwnet.com
Wed Jun 11 14:57:13 EDT 2003

I'm building a mythtv system for a friend using a cheap ecs k7s5a mobo.
  The mobo rev. is 1.3, SIS 735 chipset, and it has a cmedia 9738 AC97
codec on-board.  (I understand sometimes this motherboard comes with a
realtek AC97 codec.)

Now I've tried using both alsa (snd-intel8x0) and oss/kernel
(i810_audio) sound modules, and they both work fine outside the context
of mythtv, they play stereo just fine (say with xawtv).  However, when
using alsa modules with mythtv (live tv), I only get sound in the left
channel.  The kernel version works on both left and right channels just
fine.

The only reason I'd like to have alsa work on this board is that mythtv
warns that the kernel sound module does not report full duplex
capability (even though it seems to record and play simultaneously OK,
sometimes mythtv complains of "audio buffer lost").  The recent patch a
few days ago in volumecontrol.cpp didn't seem to help this any?

Does anyone who have this board using mythtv and alsa succesfully?

Thanks,
Mark