[mythtv-users] The Horizontal Pundit

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Jun 11 14:06:05 EDT 2003

> The Pundit looks like it is indended to be used as a tower. I'm thinking
> I might buy it sometime, but I was wondering if anyone who has it is
> using it sideways, like a desktop case. I'm concerned that the panel
> might look weird, vents might be covered, or anything else I can't tell
> from a photo. Also, any other cases or barebones systems similar to it?
> By that I mean a mostly aluminum case that can be oriented horizontally
> that uses full-size PCI cards. (I also think that PCMCIA port is rad)

It's built to be a "tower" (it's too small to really call it a tower).
It'll "work" on its side, but the intended bottom of the machine is raw
metal (no pretty paint), and has a foot that locks into it.  You can
remove the foot to turn the machine onto its side, but that'll leave you
with one of the sides of your now-horizontal machine looking pretty
crappy.

And like the other said, you'll need to raise it up to get at the front
panel.

-Chris