[mythtv-users] ATX Desktop case source

Joe Schmidt joe_schmidt at nospammail.net
Wed Jun 11 11:35:54 EDT 2003

Lev Pertsov wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can somebody recommend a good source for ATX (not micro ATX) desktop case to use for the MythTV system? I saw a few desktop ATX cases on the net but they were either really expensive or really ugly.
>
>My two criteria are:
>1) Not really expensive (< $100)
>2) Should look good in the entertainment center.
>
>Thanks,
>Lev

Here's the one I'm using:
http://www.directron.com/v30.html

It was one of the recommendations from FreeplayTV. It's a low profile
case. I didn't know what that meant, but I do somewhat regret buying it,
since it only has one 5 1/4 bay and practically no PCI cards work with
it. (The ATI TV Wonder VE works if you take off the metal plate.) If I
could start over again, I would have gotten an ASUS Pundit
(http://www.asus.com/products/desktop/pundit/overview.htm).

Overall, the case does look good though. People have said it does look
kind of like a VCR. I got the black version, which should go well with a
lot of components.