[mythtv-users] Nokia 9802

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Wed Jun 11 08:10:49 EDT 2003

> I don't understand what you mean. The Nokia 9802 is a standard satellite
> decoder/receiver.

Ah ok, so 9802 is the same of the 9902 that i owe. Well, it has also a disk no?

> The idea is that it will tune channels and then record them with myth.
> A TV card that can tune/decode the satelite dish directly costs 250EUR and i
> don't know if it's possible to decode pay channels on linux.

Well, i found a nexus-s for about 200€, and yes, it's possible to get pay
channels in linux, not (yet, hopefully soon) with mythtv, but now you can with
vdr. As far as I know, vdr supports CI interfaces, but that's matter of another
project.
To record DVB with mythtv right now doesn't looks a nice idea to me: you'll
lose the digital quality when encoding. But on the other hand, if you buy that
DVB card, you'll get a lot more features than the Nokia, so then is cheaper ;)
btw, vdr and mythtv can coexist in the meantime