[mythtv-users] Nokia 9802

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Wed Jun 11 16:27:18 EDT 2003

Fredrik Högberg wrote:

>Nokia 9802

Wondering, if that is the Nokia Media Terminal based on Linux and
embedding Mozilla (is it? - I couldn't find any mention of a browser), I
looked at its handbook
<http://nds1.nokia.com/home_products/files/user's_guide/9802S_usersguide_en.pdf>.
It has a few nice screenshots, maybe that gives some ideas to some
developers or theme creators.

Fredrik, as I understand, the terminal can "only" do analog TV and
DVB-S. You can just plug in the appropriate TV cards into your PC and
have MythTV tune directly, without the terminal. Of course, you need to
buy the cards (50-80 EUR each). And DVB support in MythTV is
work-in-progress, not really usable yet, but you'd be welcome to help
debugging it, if you want to help.

Ben