[mythtv-users] ATX Desktop case source

Isaac F. isaac447 at tazthecat.net
Tue Jun 10 22:24:54 EDT 2003

In our last episode entitled 'Re: [mythtv-users] ATX Desktop case source', Pete Hartman wrote:
> An LCD?  I'm curious what for?  And what are you using for control?

I am primarily using the Hauppauge remote that comes with the PVR 250.
I am using an IR receiver that I bought from a guy in Germany
(http://zapway.de/e_index1.htm), so I can use any remote in the house
that I bother to set up definitions with.

When I originally designed my box about eight months ago (when I thought
I'd have more time to work on it), I included a front display from
Matrix Orbital (http://www.matrixorbital.com/).  They're a bit
expensive, but I was trying to get that old style VCR feel.  I got a
display with seven buttons, which I will soon set up to work as an
alternative to a remote control.

I plan to have the LCD display the current time (of course), CPU load,
music info in music mode, and Channel, show info in TV mode.  I even
thought about having the weather scroll by every now and then, so I
don't always have to turn on my TV to get the info.  This is probably
all overkill, but I really am just building the box for geek factor
anyway.  A commercial PVR would have been much cheaper than all the
hardware I tested at this point.

Now if I can just afford the multi-terrabyte RAID to hold all my DVD's
for movies on demand...

IF

--
Isaac W. Foraker, Software Engineer