[mythtv-users] modded cases

Isaac F. isaac447 at tazthecat.net
Tue Jun 10 19:52:46 EDT 2003

In our last episode entitled 'Re: [mythtv-users] modded cases', Desmond Rivet wrote:
> I bought this case, and it just arrived a couple of days ago. Haven't
> actually powered the thing up yet, but I have one quick question for
> whoever has bought it (sorry, I know it's off topic, but since the
> discussion was started anyway...): do you have any idea how to reliably put
> two hard drives in the case?
>
> There are 2x3.5 inch bays, but it's a VERY tight fit. The hard drives are
> practically touching each other. It seems to me that putting two hard
> drives so close together is just begging for heat failures. Am I
> overreacting here?
>
> I guess I can always mount the drive in one of the 5.25 inch bays...

On the right side of the case, next to the 5.25" bays, there is another
spot for a drive.

Here's a picture of mine:
http://tazthecat.net/~isaac/hec/gallery/Assembled/Case%20Assembled%202.html

Just put one on the side, and one in the middle bay, and you'll have no
heat problems, but you probably won't be able to put them on the same
IDE controller.

IF

--
Isaac W. Foraker, Software Engineer