[mythtv-users] Mythtv.9 - increased choppiness of video/

Poul Petersen petersp at MATH.ORST.EDU
Tue Jun 10 23:59:28 EDT 2003

> I wonder if its the kernel upgrade to the latest redhat kernel. I notice
> a message in dmesg that I dont remember seeing before with regards to
> btaudio
> btaudio: using card config "default"

	I wish I had kept better track of what I changed<->when I
noticed problems. I upgraded to 0.9 last night and was having very jerky
video, pretty much unbearable. This is with 2.4.21-rc5. Since I was
playing with sound drivers ( I thought that might be causing the
problem - I keep switching between OSS/Free-OSS-Alsa trying to get
onboard sound to work), I was switching between kernels and it seems
like when I went back to the stock RedHat 9 kernel, the problem went
away. However, when I went back to 2.4.21-rc5 later in the evening (very
late I might add, so foggy recolection) the problem was gone. I *think*
I might have been playing around in /etc/modules.conf and noticed that I
had debug=2 on an options line for either bttv or btaudio or both. I
remember thinking, "Huh, probably don't need that" and that might be
when the problem went away. I could try adding it back in when I am
home.

-poul