[mythtv-users] Re: Recommendations?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Jun 10 16:57:44 EDT 2003

Some time in June, someone asked:

>> Anyone out there with a
>> configuration that offers good TV-out quality and good performance?

And Cedar responded:

> I have an asus A7N266-VM that I'm happy with. I use an external vga -->
> tv converter, which is very nice too.

Then Jarod chimed in and said:

My GeForce 4 Ti 4400 (purchased from a local shop for $130 or so, I
think) has S-Video out, which results in a very crisp picture on my
HDTV. And GF4Ti definitely has good performance as an attribute (okay,
it's overkill :).

nVidia's drivers offer quite a bit of control over the picture they
output to TV. You can push multiple resolutions, set refresh rates, and
overscan.

ATI also has a rather nice DVI to component video adapter for their
Radeons you can purchase, if you have an HDTV that can accept component
video input.

-jcw