[mythtv-users] PII 450 system

Allen T. Gilliland IV alleng4 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 14:50:47 EDT 2003

Is mythtv even capable of taking advantage of dual
processor systems?  You obviously need kernel smp
support, but doesn't the application also have to have
its own smp support?

Yeah ... a pII 450 with a PVR-250 ought to work fine
for recording, but you won't do very well with
playback since decoding takes a number of cycles as
well.  I do recordings in mpeg4 at 640x480 with high
settings and I haven't been able to get my xbox to
play back smoothly yet.  So thats a pIII 733.