[mythtv-users] Difficulty installing mythtv

Steve Murphy stevemurphy at mailcan.com
Sun Jun 8 23:17:40 EDT 2003

I have been trying to install MythTv on an old K6-2 based system.  The
computer is running Mandrake 9.1, has a PVR-250 for the capture device,
(not sure that it matters) Sound Blaster 32, and an ATI All In Wonder
video card that I'm using for tv output.  I did make the changes to
settings.pro before compiling.  I am using mythtv from CVS.

Everything goes well setting up MythTV until I actually try to watch tv.
I get the following output from mythbackend:

adding: localhost as a player 1
adding: localhost as a remote ringbuffer
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
mythbackend: VIDIOCGCAP:: Invalid argument
VIDIOCSAUDIO: Invalid argument
yyyy

Then mythbackend crashes and mythfrontend hangs.

The following also showed up in dmesg many times (repeated each time
mythbackend crashes):

ivtv: ivtv-api.c: unknown ioctl 0xc0347604
ivtv: ivtv-api.c: unknown ioctl 0x40347605
ivtv: ivtv-api.c: unknown ioctl 0x803c7601
ivtv: ivtv-api.c: unknown ioctl 0xc0307602
ivtv: ivtv-api.c: unknown ioctl 0x40307603

I have been trying to figure this out for several days, but figured
someone else on the list might have been here before.  I'm new to using
Linux for video capture, so I appoligize if this is a really obvious
problem.  Thanks!

Steve