[mythtv-users] Defining my own channel/frequency table

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Mon Jun 9 03:35:07 EDT 2003

There is currently some discussion going on on the ivtv-devel list about
the use of the frequency tables that are used to connect channel numbers
to frequencies.

What I would like to know is:
- what dus MythTV use to determine the frequencies? Does it use the
Video::Frequencies perl module or something else?
- is it possible to define your own mapping?

The problem for example is that I'm from The Netherlands and not only is
there no support in the Video::Frequencies module fo my country it might
even be quit difficult for several reasons to do so!

First of all there is not one list for the whole country! There is some
discussion if there are only 2 or if there are at least 2 (but maybe
many more). But maybe more difficult is that fact that some of our
channel "numbers" are not numeric! In my city for example there is both
a channel 11 and a 11S.

So instead of waiting for everybody to figure out which channels to use,
where, when and how, I'd rather make my own list counting simply from 1
to 30 and fill in the frequencies myself.

This would also let me order the channels the way I like them.
(in normal day life I hardly ever pass channel 9 because like most Dutch
people I've put the most important channels from 1 to 9)

So any chance that this is already possible or that somebody could make
it possible?

Cheers,
  -Tako