[mythtv-users] RH 9.0 - LIRC and PVR-250 - Remote still not working.

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Sun Jun 8 12:12:45 EDT 2003

Roby Adams wrote:

> Ok, I have tried all of the suggestions I've found via search and I
> still cannot get the PVR-250 remote to work with LIRC.  I have the new
> grey remote.

i have this line in my modules.conf:

    alias char-major-61   lirc_i2c

>  1.  I uninstalled LIRC that was installed with redhat.  (Actually I
> think mplayer installed it.)
> 2.  I updated my locate database and searced for lircd, lic_dev.0 ,
> and lirc_i2c.o and they were not found.

well, make sure that they actaully are not on the file system.

> 3.  Downloaded the lirc snapshot of 7.0pre1 or something like that.
> (The reason I did that is that when I got the regualr CVS and
> donwloaded and compiled it the version still said 6.6 or whatever(
> 4.  It compiled fine. (./setup.sh ---> Choose Hauppauge i2c-->
> ./configure--->make--->make install)
> 5. Next I loaded ivtv (It was already loaded actually) then insmod
> /path/to/newly/compiled/lirc_i2c - Then insmod
> /path/to/newly/compiled/lirc_dev no errors.

hmm, i  think i load them the other way round.

> 6.  Next I tried loading the newly compiled lircd (which reports
> 7.0pre1 as the ver) with two different config files. The one that
> comes with lirc for the hauppauge and the one that comes with ivtv.
> Both have the same results

the one that works for me looks like this (the name may be different):

begin remote

  name  hauppaugegreynew
  bits           13
  eps            30
  aeps          100

  one             0     0
  zero            0     0
  gap          200021
  min_repeat      8
  toggle_bit      2

> 7.  start irw.  Does not exit to the prompt, check.  Press buttons on
> PVR250 remote and NOTHING!!!! argggghhh.
>
> No messages in /var/log/lircd.  No system messages.  Lsmod shows all
> the correct modules loaded.  Lircd does not bomb on irw start.  The
> remote and cable work because I can use them in windows on the same
> machine.  The card is installed and works correctly because I can cap
> video.

well, there must have been some messages when you load ivtv, and then
some messages when the i2c module attaches, if you see absolutely
nothing, then there is a problem i think.

> Can someone with a pvr-250 and lirc running post the output of "ls-l
> |grep lirc" run in  /dev so I can check mt devices.

jigra:/dev# ls -l | grep lirc
crw-rw----    1 root     root      61,   0 Apr 29 02:08 lirc
srw-rw-rw-    1 root     root            0 Jun  8 01:03 lircd
prw-rw-rw-    1 root     root            0 Apr 29 02:08 lircm

hope this helps.

    CraigL->Tx();