[mythtv-users] RTJpeg seems to have hosed my recording quality. Can't fix it.

Perry, Aaron aperry at atg.com
Sat Jun 7 22:30:10 EDT 2003

I've been experimenting with different recording options on my newly
configured MythTV setup.  I was having a great time until I selected
RTJpeg as the recording method.  I noticed the live TV quality went
downhill, the picture had fuzzy vertical lines (they appeared blue and
orange) that created a very static-looking picture.

So, I switched back to Hardware MPEG and also tried MPEG4, but now I
can't get rid of the lines.

This is the second time that this has happened (once last week at some
point during configuration, but it seemed to go away at some point and I
don't know why).

Has anyone seen this?  Any ideas?

My configuration is Mandrake91, PVR-250, new CVS version of Myth
(yesterday morning).

Thanks!
Aaron