[mythtv-users] Cant load bttv module, ALSA module load problem

Michael Williams lists at arcanamm.com
Sat Jun 7 01:29:52 EDT 2003

Very true Ray, the bttv and alsa problems aren't MythTV problems
directly.  However the problem where when I go to "Watch TV" in
mythfrontend and it completely freezes the machine is isnt it?  Once I
finally get bttv loaded I can watch TV on it using xawtv just fine, and
as for the alsa problem I THINK i have finally gotten that working,
though I dont know how.  I found some other references to the same
problem, most of them indicating I should touch
include/linux/workqueue.h after running ./configure and before make;make
install.  I did this, but it didnt work.  I finally found some RPMs on
freshrpms.net for redhat 9 for alsa version 0.9.3, though the sources i
was compiling were for 0.9.4, I went ahead and installed all the rpms
using apt-get.  Afterward, I was able to use alsaplayer to play an MP3,
does this indicate a properly working ALSA driver that would work with
MythTV?  I have mythtv set to output sound to /dev/dsp

If this ALSA is working correctly now, I am still stuck as to why i can
watch tv with xawtv but when I go to "Watch TV" in Myth it completely
freezes the machine.  Mythbackend is running correctly, I can see the
program guide just fine going through "Record a program".

Thanks again Ray for the response.

<snip>