[mythtv-users] Streaming

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 6 21:56:53 EDT 2003

On Friday 06 June 2003 08:31 pm, Pierre-Olivier Bouchard wrote:
> lists at mediumgreen.com wrote:
>
> I don't see why mythfrontend wouldn't work with FreeBSD? It only needs
> Qt, some sort of OSS-compatible device for sound output, and a net
> connection. I'm pretty sure FreBSD has all that available.

At the moment, Myth won't compile without the V4L stuff, among other things.
What would be nice would be if someone:

(a) broke up the source so that the frontend portions could compile
independently (mostly mythfrontend; the add-on modules pretty much already do
this)

(b) 'gurus' for other platforms (*BSD, Cygwin, LinuxPPC, Darwin/OSX) would
develop working builds (at least for the frontend) for their platforms and
contributed their changes back (appropriately #ifdef'd, of course)

-JAC