[mythtv-users] mythbackend segfaulting (reason unknown)

James S. White james at jameswhite.org
Fri Jun 6 20:05:26 EDT 2003

My problem was indeed permissions. Check your cache (buffer) and Record
directories. They are the directories on page two of the "General"
setup in mythtv-setup. They must be writable by the user mythtv-backend
runs as. I set them up as root which is why the mythtv user couldn't
write to them.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Now I need to know if anyone has a joy2key rc file for the myth apps?
I hope to have USB Logitech Wingman control by tomorrow. :)

James S. White                      GAPS Incorporated
james at gapsinc.com                   Electrical Engineer - Etc.
http://www.jameswhite.org           Caffeine is my anti-drug.
How many people have to die before we put an end to dying altogether?
                                                      -- theonion.com