[mythtv-users] WinTV-Theater ?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Jun 6 14:13:49 EDT 2003

Dane Kantner wrote:
> Is anyone using WinTV-Theater?  does it work under bttv or any of the
> video capture drivers?
>
> i can't seem to find much data about it...but, it seems to be one of the
> very few cards I can find with surround sound... (or maybe not--what is
> DBX stereo... isn't this still just two channel?)... its the same price
> as the PVR 250 but is software based....

Just for a data point in all this, I use a $30 bttv card
that does not have an onboard DSP (no btaudio) then plug it
into a $30 SoundBlaster Live! and get prologic surround. This
works from the analog line out of the sound card to the
receiver or the digital out of the sound card to the receiver.

--  bjm