[mythtv-users] Streaming

Mark Edwards irish at irishmark.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 22:02:27 EDT 2003

> > On Friday 06 June 2003 02:07 pm, Mark Edwards wrote:
> > > Hi, all.
> > > I'm a big fan of ffserver, and use it on my mythtv box when myth isn't
> > > running, so I can listen to the radio and watch TV upstairs in
> > a window on
> > > my PC. I'd really like to be able to incorporate streaming into
mythtv.
> > > There could be a few ways to do this, at the minute I shut down
> > mythbackend
> > > and start ffserver manually, of course ffserver can pick up most file
> > > formats and stream them, so the alternative would be just picking up
the
> > > ringbuffer.nuv file, but I'm having no luck with the nuv stuff, I
guess
> > > this may be because it's an unusual format Myth uses?
> > >

> > You could always just run a remote mythfrontend, as that's pretty
> > much exactly
> > what it's meant for.
> >
> > Isaac
>

> Unless of course he's talking about streaming it to a non-Linux box...
>
> -JAC

Yeah, I'm in a house of students, they're all under Bill's spell, and they
use the streaming capabilities too. :(
I did get some advice that the patched mencoder can convert the files with
little problem, so I'll look into this, but I'm still not sure if this could
be streamed real-time or not.

cheers
Mark.