[mythtv-users] Re: Which RedHat to upgrade to

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 6 13:38:24 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 01:23:23PM -0700, Lan Barnes wrote:
> Now I can tell that at least my PVR will probably have to be a newer
> version. I'm a RedHat guy through and through, so that's not in
> question. But which version should I go to? 8.0 or 9.0?

Use Red Hat 9.

> >From the posts here, it looks as if there are more issues on 9.0 ... but
> that may not still be true when I likely make my move, late in the
> summer.

Possibly because currently most Red Hat new-mythist are starting from
Red Hat 9?

> Recommendations appreciated,

Get it all (including xmltv & perl dependencies) in rpm form from

    http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/mythtv/

Use the atrpms-kickstart package to make your installation and future
upgrades easier.

This doesn't replace carefull reading of the mythtv documenation to
properly set up your system!
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de