[mythtv-users] mythbackend will only run as root

James S. White james at jameswhite.org
Thu Jun 5 20:49:13 EDT 2003

What do I have to do to get mythbackend to be able to run out of the init
script? If I run mythtv (by itsefl or from  mythfrontend) it crashes
mythbackend unless it was started as root. I have added mythtv to the
audio and video groups and chmoded 666 /dev/(audio|video|dsp|mixer)

I am also getting no sound. I am using alsa. I have tested audio output while
recording via sound-recorder sucesfully.

I am running Debian unstable and using the
deb http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv
mythtv packages.

Any Ideas? Any?

James S. White                      GAPS Incorporated
james at gapsinc.com                   Electrical Engineer - Etc.
http://www.jameswhite.org           Caffeine is my anti-drug.