[mythtv-users] anyone have bttv experience?

Jeff Waters jeffwaters at wowway.com
Thu Jun 5 15:32:32 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I've been using myth for about 6 months and found out during discussions
here and such that I don't have my tv card setup right. I imagine it
would prob be easier to setup and maintain if I did.

I believe I need to get my bttv module setup correctly upon boot up so I
attempted to that done. In the process I waxed my mandy 9.0 install so I
attempted to get gentoo compiled and such and after 3 days gave up and
installed mandy 9.1.

now I've got a fresh install I re-compiled my kernel to be processor
specific instead of the default i586 setup and made sure all my
video4linux and tv card settigs were modules. (due to bttv doco said it
should be).

My question is I ran "insmod bttv card=63" since I have the ATI TV
Wonder but I still have to to a global fine tune +111 on all channels to
get them to the correct channel. I ran lspci and it's showing it as
brooktree still, not sure if that would change with the insmod options.

00:0f.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video
Capture (rev 02)
00:0f.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture
(rev 02)

I'm trying to figure out how to get my card to capture video and audio
since the pci scan found both encoders.
I've been reading over the bttv readme's and such over the last two days
and it's a bit cryptic for me. I'm hoping someone can point me in the
right direction on this.

Thanks,
Jeff