[mythtv-users] MythGame/mame "corrupts" TvOut

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 5 11:42:41 EDT 2003

Is MythGame running the same xmame as the one in your PATH? Do the
following:

- From a shell, type 'which xmame'.  Note the name & location of the
executable.
- Look in your /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythgame-settings.txt, and note the
value of the XMameBinary setting.
- Are they the same?  Do an "ls -l" on both of them (if different) to check
if one is a symbolic link to the other.

If they're the same, which fullscreen mode is Mythgame using?  DGA, XV, SDL,
other?  For reference, MythGame does the following:

- xmame.x11 fullscreen DGA = "xmame.x11 -x11 1"
- xmame.x11 fullscreen XV = "xmame.x11 -fullscreen"
- xmame.SDL fullscreen = "xmame.SDL -fullscreen"

Not sure about others (OpenGL, etc)

My apologies if you've already done this; you can never be too sure!

-JAC