[mythtv-users] Streaming server, WAP addon to mythweb a possibility?

Robert (Jamie) Munro rjmunro at arjam.net
Thu Jun 5 13:21:48 EDT 2003

Streaming video is stupid, apart from for live usage. Much better to just
download the file. Quicktime player, and probably others, let you start
watching a file while the end of it is still downloading. If the download
speed is fatster than the encoded speed, it will play perfectly every single
time. If it is slower, you can wait until it is half downloaded before you
start watching it. There are never any dropped frames or anything. For an
example, if you have a computer with quicktime, see
http://www.beam.tv/beamreels/beamreel.php?dzjgijxl

> I also was wondering if anyone has attempted to create a WAP complaint
> scaled down version of mythweb yet also for mobile phones? It would be
> really nice to log in with a cell phone and see whats going on
> with myth, to
> start and stop recordings, and simple things like that. I might look into
> this to see if I can put something together, as it really
> shouldnt be that
> hard since mythweb has been implemented already.

That would be cool. Also on mobile phones, it would be great if it could use
bemused as an interactive remote control
http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~ashley/bemused/

Robert Munro