[mythtv-users] Capture card upgrade vs new machine

Mark fairlane at voyager.net
Thu Jun 5 00:36:31 EDT 2003

A lot of the old k6 motherboards especially with VIA chipsets had broken
PCI implementations, and had big
problems playing video/DVD's.  I had an old FIC motherboard I could
never get to play DVD's on, and when I
swapped it out for a BX chipset/Celeron 450, suddenly everything was
fixed.  Take your $200 and go buy a
modern motherboard and a Athlon 2100 or close and forget the K6.