[mythtv-users] PVR250 + TVWonder = jerky

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Jun 4 19:43:20 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:
> ...  The issue is that due to the scheduler and the way all backend requests
> are synced and due to them using the Qt event loop and everything, there's a
> limited number of requests you can make of the backend in any given time
> period.  Simply requesting blocks more often doesn't help -- it's still bound
> by that limit.  Requesting _more_, however, does.

Yeah, it's not that there aren't pending requests. The
prebuffering pauses happen when the data hasn't actually
been stuffed into vbuffers yet. Too much unnecessary data
queued on the network is what I've been struggling with
for remote seeks.

I reverted from the patch and it's back to requesting two
or three 128000 block per seek. Remote playback startup is
under five seconds and individual seeks are about one sec.

--  bjm