[mythtv-users] What's the best linux distribution if I'mONLYusingMyth TV?

John Klimek jmk396 at psu.edu
Wed Jun 4 12:11:54 EDT 2003

Well, I'm only testing this setup out.  MythTV looks VERY good, but until I
see it for myself I don't want to go all-out.

For now, I'll try Mandrake just to see MythTV in action.

If I decide to "finalize" a MythTV box then I'll be running an Athlon 1.0
GHz w/Happauge Win-TV card (on a KT7-RAID board).  If I do this, then I'll
install Gentoo (because once everything is compiled I'm sure you don't need
to recompile very often).

This leads me to one last question...  are there any super plain black
computer cases?  I've seen the one link off mythtv.org, but it has drive
bays.  If possible, I'd like one to just be a black box so it looks more
like a stereo component than a computer.

Thanks for everybody's help!