[mythtv-users] What's the best linux distribution if I'm ONLYusing Myth TV?

john at www.jb99.com john at www.jb99.com
Wed Jun 4 09:52:26 EDT 2003

Yes and no.

If you have enough background linux knowledge to understand how it all fits
together it is probably the easiest to use linux AND the most powerful and
I'd really recommend it.

If you don't have that background then it's probably not ideal. In that
case I'd recommend using something like redhat but making sure that when
you use the GUI tools to configure things you take the time to learn what
those tools are actually doing so next time you'll know,.

Also it takes at least ten times as long to install as any other
distibution as it builds from source code. You are talking several *days*
for a fully featured installation.