[mythtv-users] rebuffering and ringing sound

Mark Chou mcpcs at ivwnet.com
Tue Jun 3 02:22:49 EDT 2003

Occasionally I get very high pitched ringing in my recordings (it sounds
as if speakers might have screws loose, similar high pitched buzz).  I
suspect that this is caused by internal (system) delays, but it
inevitably happens immediately subsequent a "Rebuffering" message (in
frontend while watching live tv).  Once the ringing starts  the only way
to stop it is to restart recording/or live tv.  Obviously during
recording restarting is not much of an option (even if you're aware the
ringing has started.)

Any suggestions how this might be mitigated?  This problem has been
around from mythtv 0.8 to the latest cvs (6/3).

HW:
Turtle Beach Santa Scruz (using ALSA)
Hauppauge 401 dbx (*not* using btaudio)