[mythtv-users] Has anybody put together a three tuner system ?

cmisip cmisip at insightbb.com
Mon Jun 2 21:15:36 EDT 2003

My current master (and only backend) has its /mnt/store partition
exported via nfs.  I thought it was necessary until I found out that
mythfrontend from another machine could access the videos on the master
backend system without the nfs partition being exported.  You're saying
then that If I want the recordings available all the time even if the
slaves are not running, I need to maintain this setup and have the slave
write to the master's exported nfs partition?   I have another question,
is there an on screen warning that notifies me that the slave backend is
recording If I decide to exit and shutdown?  Or do I always need to
check the Watch a REcording screen to determine if the slave backend is
busy ( by counting the number of currently recording programs and
knowing which encoder is associated to each recording).  If this is not
the case, it would be neat to have this feature.  It would even be
better if upon selecting exit and shutdown it automatically shutdowns at
the conclusion of the current recording and the master automatically
knows not to assign the next recording to this slave. I am leaning more
and more towards a multibackend system.  I think my PIII 1 Ghz is good
for at least 1 TV card.   Thanks