[mythtv-users] multiple identical channel numbers?

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Mon Jun 2 11:25:13 EDT 2003

Chris Petersen wrote:

>>use chanids instead of channums to reference channels
>>

>well, that's what I *was* doing.  but for some reason, I was still only
>getting one channel worth of information for duplicates in my list

sure, if you use chanid, there is always at most one channel (row) with
that id.

>on that note, is there an easy way to get myth to update its
>channel/program data with new information from xmltv?  I've commented
>out a bunch of channels and would like to get myth to acknowledge that
>fact.  Or is wiping it and regrabbing everything the simplest way?

I don't think that update removes anything (apart from outdated stuff),
so yes, wiping or manually deleting some rows would be the way.

BTW: Wiping the program table will lose non-recoverable information, if
the program.overridesomething column from that 'don't supress' patch is
added.