[mythtv-users] multiple identical channel numbers?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Jun 2 01:51:53 EDT 2003

> The (eh, my) long-term idea is to use chanids instead of channums to
> reference channels, and that's what you should do in mythweb. There
> can't be 2 channels with chanid 1015 (unless I am missing something),
> because chanid is a primary key.

well, that's what I *was* doing.  but for some reason, I was still only
getting one channel worth of information for duplicates in my list
(really weird - too sleepy to debug it at the moment - thinking it was
an issue with how the data was entered into the database since my sql
queries really look like they're fine).

on that note, is there an easy way to get myth to update its
channel/program data with new information from xmltv?  I've commented
out a bunch of channels and would like to get myth to acknowledge that
fact.  Or is wiping it and regrabbing everything the simplest way?

-Chris