[mythtv-users] myth isn't capturing when I schedule events

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Jun 1 21:12:33 EDT 2003

On Sunday 01 June 2003 06:09 pm, Chris Germano wrote:
> Basicaly when I set things to record, they won't. There seams to be no
> error from mythbackend or frontend, and nothing happens. I queued about 5
> programs last night, and just one now, and nothing gets recorded. After I
> reboot I have found that I can record fine but only things that have
> actually started already.

I'll need output of mythbackend with the --verbose command line option, when
programs were selected to record, etc.  Looks to me, though, that you were
watching TV at 3pm when it came time for it to record and you ignored the
dialog that asks if you want to let it record.

> I also just noticed that mythbackend is taking up
> 100% of my cpu time, even though mythfrontend isn't even on, but no
> recording is taking place because there is practicaly no hard drive
> activity and of course I can access the tuner if I launch the frontend. I'm
> lost here.

That'd most likely be the thread that scans recordings for commercials.  Turn
it off if you don't want that to happen.

> Also is it normal for mythtv to fill up the systems memory? I
> have 512 in there right now, and when mythfrontend kicks in it just fills
> the memory right up.

How are you determining that it's using all your ram?  I highly doubt it's
doing any such thing.

Isaac